Okay, so in my last post I said that "I love having the kids home in December." Maybe "love" was too strong of a word. Maybe I should say "like," "akin to," or "fond of." It is only Wednesday into week one and I am already wondering how much longer until they are back to school. I guess I need ideas of what to do with them to keep them entertained. Any suggestions are welcome.
Maybe it is just me, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas yet. It is 2 weeks away and I have to force myself to listen to Christmas carols. I am assuming it is the weather. It is hard to get into the Christmas spirit when there is no snow and it is 40-50 degrees outside. Hopefully we'll get more snow to put us more in a festive mood.
I am trying to cook dinner more lately and am proud to say I am at day 4 and counting. What's even better is that there has been no complaining from the little ones. While attending the O Sweet Sadie craft show my Mom and I met Liz Edmunds - The Food Nanny. She was darling and her excitement about cooking rubbed off on me. I bought her cookbook and have tried a few recipes. I made her French baguettes and am excited to say that they actually turned out. I can never get bread or rolls to turn out but these actually did. Go me!- Thanks to the Food Nanny. Tonight I made linguine in a white clam sauce and my kids loved it! I am excited to get my 2 week dinner plan put together. If you need a good gift for someone- check it out.
Well, if anyone has any fun ideas for the kids to do- by all means, let me know. I still have the entire month to go!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Send some recipes my way! As for the kids, I just let mine bounce off the walls, continuously mess up my house (even if I did just clean that room and as I turn around I discover that magically there are more toys than ever on the floor) and tell me every day how close we are getting to Christmas! It's fun! I think that we need some more structure. What do you think? When you send me some recipes, can you hook me up with a little energy too?! Thanks!
Andrea - you never cease to amaze me! I think I should check out this cookbook; I've never even heard of the "Food Nanny" but she sounds like someone I needed 25 yrs ago :) I hated having my kids home during December and I would say that is not the strongest word I could use to describe my feelings on the matter. zhow's a mom supposed to get shopping done and presents wrapped anyway??
I miss everyone - we need to set a date for that dinner and movie we've been emailing about!
I am so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch!! I agree we need to find a time when we can all get together but at least this way we can see what is going on until then!!
Post a Comment