Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Gentleman in the making

One of the things I am trying to teach my boys is the importance of being a gentleman and treating girls with respect. For example, I make Adam hold the door open for me and Abbi at church. We will then walk through and wait for him to get the next door. He does a great job at this and has even, on occasion, helped me out of the car by getting my car door. Since Alex is a bit younger, I haven't really emphasized these points with him but yesterday while driving home from St. George, his loving actions towards his sister told me he is learning.

While in the car, Abbi kept complaining that she was cold. She had her own coat on but said her legs were freezing. I picked up Alex's coat that was sitting on the floor and handed it to her and told her to put this around her legs. She put the coat back on the floor saying the coat was too cold to use. Alex, the little gentleman he is, took off the jacket he was wearing and said, "Here Abbi, my jacket is warm and you can use it." Oh, my heart melted. What a sweet little gentleman.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ohhhhh! That is sooooo sweet! What a little gentleman. It's amazing how much they learn by example. You think they aren't paying attention and listening but isn't it great when they do things that are incredibly wonderful!

I'm so proud of Adam and Alex!
Way to go guys!

Melanie said...

Start them young...that's the way to do it! If Alex keeps that up, he'll have the ladies lining up for him :)

Allison said...

This just made me smile, he is such a cutie! Good work on training them young!

Anonymous said...

Here is my new blog...

http://mckenzieandkids.blogspot.com