My oldest just turned 10! How is that even possible? My kids keep getting older, and I guess I do too, but the latter doesn't register in my mind. So, every time I stop and think "I have a ten year old," I get taken aback by the fact that they aren't the only ones getting older. Scary!
Adam informed me on his birthday that he was now a "tween." It's like he has come to a rite of passage and has changed overnight. He is still the same loveable, funny, smart, great laugh, big hugger, pre-tween boy I knew, however, it seems overnight he has grown so much. The other night I went to check on him as he was sleeping. I snuck into his room and couldn't believe how big he seemed in his little twin bed. I guess my "baby" is growing up.
This year for his birthday, Aaron and I were going to be in New Orleans for a Keller Williams convention; I know... horrible parents, but we definitely made it up to him. We gave him his presents before we left and he was so ecstatic to receive the ripstick he had been wanting. It took him no time at all to get it out of the package and run outside to try it out. He loved it!
Notice the tongue hanging out..... this is a family trait that both his dad and his grandpa do. Love it!
On his birthday, his Grandpa and Grandma Marshall, who so graciously watched the kids while we were gone, celebrated his birthday by taking him to Chili's for dinner. I called him and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He said "Thanks Mom" in his this-is-so-embarrassing-but-I'll-appease-my-crazy-mom voice. Gotta love those "tweens."
After Aaron and I arrived home, we took him and 6 of his best buddies to Classic Skating where we let them run wild for 4 hours. They had a blast playing laser tag, riding scooters, jumping on the bouncy houses, and shooting each other in the blast zone.
And then, you'd think that is enough partying, but not at the Marshall household. On Sunday, we got my side of the family together to celebrate one last time with more presents and an icecream cake from Coldstone.
All in all, Adam had a great tenth birthday! Now I just have to get used to being the mother of a "tween."
3 comments:
The kids are growing up way too fast! Looks like he had a great birthday!
I can hardly believe Adam is already 10 years old, he has gotten so big so fast! Adam, you are such a cute and thoughtful boy and we love you, glad you had a happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, Adam! Can't believe you are 10 years old all ready - a tween!!! Way to keep celebrating your birthday! That's what we like to do - make it last as long as possible. You are a wonderful young man and I love you to pieces. Thanks for all the great hugs! I love them.
Love ya', Adam,
Grandma
Post a Comment