Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scout Cake Auction

Our cub scout pack did an awesome activity for pack meeting this month.  We had a cake auction!  Each boy was asked to bring a cake that they made to be auctioned off with the points they had been earning since the beginning of the year.  They all came with some amazing cakes.  I was truly amazed!  I even got into the spirit of it and made this:


I was pretty proud of myself.  This was the first 2-layer cake I had ever made.  I baked it, carved it, dirty iced it, and decorated it.  (I think I have been watching too much "Cake Boss.")  I just hoped it tasted good.

It was so fun watching the boys bid on their favorite cakes.  They were even given bidding paddles.  Everyone had a great time and was able to go home with a cake.  Here are some of my favorites:




This one was funny because as I was trying to be all "Barker's Beauty" and show off the cake, the first two cupcakes slid off the board and landed on the floor.  I was fired!




No comments: