Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our Getaway to Seattle


Aaron and I love going on little vacations together and we have been very spoiled this year! We decided we needed another getaway and chose Seattle as our destination. I had been once with my mom when we went to a staging conference but we never got to explore the city and Aaron had been years before. So, off we went and we had a blast!

First, I have to start out by saying that I LOVE my getaways with Aaron. He truly is my best friend and I love having time dedicated to each other when we go on vacations together. We left bright and early on Friday morning and arrived in Seattle at 11:30. We had no plans, other then a Seahawks game, and we decided to forgo a rental car. We found our way to the lightrail that dropped us off directly in the heart of downtown Seattle. From there we walked everywhere or took the city bus. We went to the Space Needle and enjoyed the beautiful view and a yummy cup of Hot Chocolate! We had to laugh because there is a Starbucks on literally every corner. Mmmm, gotta love their peppermint hot chocolate. We also enjoyed shopping and watching movies at the Pike Place mall. We found the yummiest mexican restaurant there!

We had so much fun walking through Pike's market where we watched them throw fish at the fish market and browsed through the farmer's fruit stands.

On the soggiest day in Seattle, we went to the Seattle Seahawks game. Thank heavens we bought some rain ponchos because we wore them the entire game. We had a lot of fun watching the game and making fun of the Superfan next to us. He never shut up the entire game..... "Run the Ball", "Get the Quarterback", CLAP CLAP CLAP, Whistle (and not just any whistle, his whistle was maybe one step down from a dog whistle - I'm not kidding. Our ears were ringing all night long). Oh, and it didn't stop for a time out or halftime. The only time he stopped was when he left to go get beer. By the end of the game, we were laughing so hard.

We also went on Seattle's underground tour. It was interesting finding out about the history of Seattle and walking under the streets.
Enjoying the view and hot chocolate from the top of the Space Needle


Gotta love public transportation

Hanging out at the Public Market

So soggy at the SeaHawks Game


Underground Seattle


Now its time to get back to life and reality. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the kids so we could enjoy spending time together.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Seattle looks like such a cool city and sounds like you guys had so much fun! You had awesome seats at the football game, even if you had to listen to the crazy fan the entire game!

PS My ears were ringing just listening to him for 40 seconds :)

PPS I love your coat, you look very cute!

Karen Liu said...

Jealous! I am still waiting for my husband to take me somewhere fun without the kids...that doesn't involve China. Maybe you can give him a hint? ;)

Rebecca said...

So glad that you could have a fun get-a-way together. You guys have so much fun together and Seattle is a great city to explore. I think you should put your video of SeaHawks biggest fan on you tube.