Call us crazy, but Aaron and I entered and finished our 2nd 5K. We participated in the Salt Lake City Marathon 5K edition. We had so much fun running with our friends Debbie and Shelly and Shelly's 2 daughters. I say running with because we all started at the same time, but that was about the end of "running with" them. We all had our own pace and finished at different times, but we were all there cheering each other on at the finish line. It was a great day and a great accomplishment. Although I still haven't met my goal of running the entire thing, I came a lot closer to it. I only stopped and walked for 2 minutes and that was after running up a hill. It was funny because as I was running down the hill I saw a lot of runners running up the same hill and I thought to myself, "Oh, that sucks that the marathon runners have to run up the hill." Then I turned the corner and realized those "marathoners" were actually the 5K people. "That sucks!" But I kept running and made it all the way to the top. After my short 2 min. walk, I made it back to the Gateway and crossed the finish line in 35 min. 47 secs. Woohoo! Here are the results for the race for Aaron and I:NAME TIME PACE AGE DIV PLACE OVERALL
Andrea Marshall 0:35:47 11:31 78/160 800/1574
Aaron Marshall 0:33:15 10:42 42/66 621/1574I am so proud we did it. Now I'm contemplating signing up for the race for the cure coming up on May 7th. Who's in?
5 comments:
Great job! I am doing Race for the Cure. I'm sure I won't run as much as you did but I will be there. I will talk to you about it later!
Congratulations you guys! That is awesome. I'm proud of your accomplishment and finishing with what I think are great finish times. Great job!
That is awesome! 5K #2 down, you are pretty much a pro now! Wish I could run the Race for the Cure, but I will be thinking about you!!
Woohoo! Way to represent! :)
You go! I need to do one but I just can't because my mom will beat me and I just can have that. My mom and grandpa are doing the race for the cure..
Post a Comment