Monday, May 2, 2011

I am one lucky lady!

Well, its official, I am (ahem) 33 years old.  My birthday (week) has come and gone and I am sad to see it go.  I must say that I love my birthday!  What other day can we have that is just about us?  Right?!

Let's see, the celebrations began with a birthday lunch with friends a couple days before my birthday.  We all met at Cafe Rio and had a great lunch talking and laughing - Awesome!

Then, on my day, I heard a little knock on my door.  I opened it and found my cute little neighbor girls standing there with a chocolate zinger, a candle, and a card.  They had come to sing "Happy Birthday" to me - totally made my day.  I had to take a picture of their cuteness.  Please pardon my morning hair/makeup and jammies.


After that, it was to the mall to go shopping with my mom and sister, Ali.  I found a very cute purse and matching wallet.  Love it!  I get so many compliments on it.  Then, later that evening, it was to Park City to spend 2 nights with Aaron at a condo.  It was a great get-away.  We shopped the outlet malls, saw a movie, ate out, and shared an apple-pie flavored caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  Thanks Ali for taking our kids!

So, you'd think "Wow!" That is one great birthday celebration!  But, it wasn't over yet, because Aaron had also planned a trip, just the two of us, to Las Vegas the following weekend.  We drove down Thursday and went to several shows over the weekend.  We saw "Phantom of the Opera" at the Venetian, "Lion King" at Mandalay Bay, and even went to "The Price is Right Live" at Bally's.  We had so much fun being together and the all three shows were absolutely amazing!  We even took a quick tour of the wax museum where we saw lots of "celebrities" and were able to get our pictures with them.  Too funny!  Although, we actually did see Donald Trump.  He was coming in to the Treasure Island Hotel as we were coming out.  Keith Urban was in Vegas too that weekend and I would have rather seen him, but maybe next time.

All in all, 33 was the best birthday ever!  Thanks Aaron for making me feel like a special princess! 



Hanging out with Will Smith



That's right, He is!

Yep, that's Tim MacGraw

Waiting to hear our names to "Come on Down"  - we're still waiting.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Annie! Can you spell s-p-o-i-l-e-d?
You were really pampered on your birthday. Way to enjoy a week celebrating. You truly celebrated in the Marshall/McGee tradition.